MS Outlook plug-in for secure processing of files
Actimind implemented a plug-in for MS Outlook for secure sending, managing and tracking files and folders sent via Outlook. The plug-in seamlessly integrates with MS Outlook (2003, 2007, and 2010) interface that makes it easy to use in the everyday workflow. Attachments are extracted from the emails and delivered to the server through a secured channel.
The client provides a cloud-based service for content delivery and business management. Their business need was to implement a connector for MS Outlook to secure sending, managing and tracking files and folders sent from Outlook.
- Apply security policy defined on the server to all documents sent through MS Outlook.
- Wrap the email body with the template defined on the server while keeping the original information contained in the email unchanged.
- Extract the attachments from the emails and deliver them to the server through a separate secured channel.
- Process network connectivity errors to guarantee the delivery of the information sent to the cloud.
- A separate application launched from the Outlook toolbar for browsing through the file system directly to the cloud.
- A special function that allows saving archived emails to a custom storage.
- The SSO function for MS SharePoint integration.
- The installer that supports both interactive and "silent" installations with all required parameters taken from a central storage.
Actimind produced a C#-based application built on a common platform that allows easy developing of plug-ins and add-ons for different office systems. The add-on seamlessly integrates with the standard MS Outlook interface making it easy to use without changes in everyday workflow. The application was tested to meet high quality standards and stable performance within different environment. It can be deployed to:
- Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010
- Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7
- MS Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010
The client increased the sales of their service among the enterprise customers who could not afford to change their processes of document flows in order to use the client's cloud service.