Online FOREX Trading System
The solution required by the client is an automatic and semi-automatic order processing based on Java technology. The tool covers such business processes and tasks as online trading, order processing and risk management. The system has automated data backup procedure and integrates with real-time market data feeders.
Being a FOREX brokerage company, the client was one of the first to recognize the opportunity of Internet-based trading in the mid 90s. The company mapped out a strategy for bringing professional brokerage services to retail customers through the Internet ASP model. Their primary need was automatic and semi-automatic order processing.
- Undeveloped, recently-released technologies (Java SDK 1.0 appeared right after the project had been started). The client insisted on using these technologies.
- Real-time data and the system ability to work under intensive workload.
- Tight "time to market" deadline, aimed at "clamped budget" terms, was a challenge for project and risk management.
Actimind developed ASP-system for providing online currency trading services that cover major business processes and tasks:
- User account management
- Real-time and historical market data with technical analysis
- Trading history, online balances and other reports
- Integrated communication software
- Duplicated system in stand-by mode for failure protection
- Automated data backup procedures
- System integration with real-time market data feeders
- Multiple functionality for system users
The client gained a strong competitive advantage by reaching its end-users in the Internet and by providing professional service on the retail level. With a full functional demo version of the software for no-risk training, the client formed a community of qualified potential customers. The system won recognition from users and investors and became American Venture Award Winner in 2000.